Tuesday, February 26, 2008

GARNER, GARNER, GARNER!!!

I know, I know, I know!!! And can I edit posts??? No, of course not. Maybe I should profread, wait 15 minutes to post to see if changes dawn on me. It's not as if I forget things...my memories get temporarily misplaced is all.

And back to Cary, he too made a Doris Day movie. With Tony Randal? Gig Young? don't recall and that misplaced memory may not pop back, and Audrey Meadows. Two more great ones. The thing that stuck with me most and had a great impact was that he was having a business problem, the people woudn't sell or something, and Doris asked him if he'd talked to the people personally. He hadn't. So he did, and the deal went through.

James GARNER. Maybe I won't loose that bit again.

I hear that Regis did a great job at the Oscars. I slept through the first hour and missed it. He does the best interviews anyway, but I'm extra sorry I missed the beginning.

I've got Dr. Charm Boy this aftenoon. If I didn't have to see him, I just as soon not. I'd even go fishing instead and the last time I fished I was about 4. Maybe I'll hit up the salad bar at the hospital. That's always good for some roughage.

And don't forget Charade. You'll never convince me that anybody's better than Audrey Hepburn. Yes, and Hitchcock. About my tolerance for scary movies, except for Psycho which I won't watch. Who wants to watch Janet Leigh bleed to death? But the lead in that, or the killer or whatever he was, was in Orient Express with Albert Finney and a huge cast of excellence. Another big favorite. Lauren Becall, anyone? She's the best, too.

I don't appear to have very adventurous inclinations. This is true.
And while we mentioning Haley Mills, Parent Trap, Polyanna, The Chalk Garden? Surprised me, that movie did. Debra Carr, wasn't it. Elegance and brilliance combined. Like Eleanor Parker.

Lindsey Lohan, who?

No comments: