Tuesday, February 26, 2008

no tomale man?

He made the best tomales. Especially the pineapple ones. Wonder if he got caught. Obviously, selling tomales out of a chest in the trunk of his car is unliscened food dealing. But they sure are good. I'll miss him. I even went over the parking lot one day just to find him, but he wasn't there.

And then there's video games. Let's not talk about it. I did finally get through the first boss in Spiro, and got to the second boss, but keep falling off the damned edge. Over and over. Tension, anxiety and real pissy attitude errupts. So I boot up Animal Crossings, or Lego's Star Wars. Gotta send the rentals back and try out some new games. Probable won't like them. Rarely do.

Yesterday, I woke up just in time for the final show of the orrigional What's My Line. Then slept through it. Today I woke up in time for the final 1/2 of what must be one of the very first shows. Dorothy Kilgallen was the only pannelists I recognized. I think one of them was the Governor, though. I wouldn't be familiar with the New York politicians of those years. Late 50's? Early 50's? I should look it up.

Arlene Francis was always a favorite. She had a difficult end, I hear. Alzheimer's. She was quite something. Very smart, with a niceness, beauty, talent and was in one of the best Doris Day movies ever. Pillow Talk? Pishaw, I say. Arlene was in the one with James Gardner, one of the two best actors of all time the other being the only other perfect actor, Cary Grant.

Arlene was great in that movie. Doris bottled homemade ketsup in her basement, was smart enough to marry James Gardner, and made soap comercials for Arlene's husband's soap company. How could a plot like this miss?????

I'm worried about Dancing. Don't know if I'll be able to stay awake. Could take a shot in the mornings, sleep all day and hope I wake up in time. Or I could not.

No comments: