Monday, February 2, 2009

I didn't do it.

Miss the garbage pick-up. The first truck I heard was the recycle truck. I'd run the can out before it got to this side of the street thinking I'd missed the earlier garbage truck. There wasn't an earlier garbage truck. That one finally came around noon. This is all backwards.

The pick-up used to be tomorrow. The garbage truck got here by 7 a.m. The recycle truck an hour or two later. I can't cope. This is just wrong. But I got the trash picked up, so I won't bitch. Not until next time I forget to get it out on time.

Tom Dashels' taxing moment. Everybody who knows the whole tax code raise your hands....that's what I thought. The right can't, won't give him the benefit of the doubt.

They want to do the fair tax. I think it's the only taxes anyone pays, personal and corporate are on consumer purchases. No social security or withholding from paychecks, etc. No income tax.

That's likely to throw lots of people out on the street. It will, of course, further line the pockets of the wealthy who can buy retirement and health policies. I wonder if they'll buy corporate jets and 2 thousand waste baskets or create new jobs. At what pay rate? Things always sound good on paper. Communisum
did. Pure ideology's dangerous.

And what's wrong with raising taxes on smoking? Nobody should do it anyway. They should leave wine alone since it's really a food item, but cigarettes and hard liquor could handle more taxes. It's not gonna stop either one, anyway.

No comments: