Monday, February 2, 2009

Michael Phelps, well.

Smoking a bong is hardly murder, never the less, it's not exactly legal. The anti-Phelps as role model folks are the same folks who are anti-mentioning Palins pregnant teen. Palin as role model but not Phelps? We need to check into our own hyporicies, our own biases, or own goals and motivations. We easily and eagerly assign those things to others while rejecting any acceptance of any of our own.

I don't like Republicans, and I know it. I'm not in a position where I have to be fair especially. I'm not too fond of Democrats quite often, although I naturally land on the left of many issues. But not always. And I don't think I'm untypical in this. Most people are a combination of left-right beliefs. It's what makes this a moderate country. Joy and Elisabeth on The View are unusual to my mind o this. They both argue a solid left or right slant. Whoopie, Barbara and Sheri don't. But that's party politics and that's something I really can't honestly do. Argue strictly for one side or the other. They both have times I agree with and both left and right have the same American rights and obligations. It's just that the Republicans are mostly wrong. From my point of view, and I'm just so seldom wrong. About my opinion. I do know what that is unless I haven't decided yet.

No comments: