Friday, January 16, 2009

But I had a thought

I had many thoughts. None of them organized or interesting. Did I feed the dog twice tonight? I don't know. I have been known to forget and he's not pushy about things. So I fed him. Maybe for a second time. Maybe not. I space and wonder off. He follows. The cat bitches. She reminds me it's meal time for which I'm grateful. Otherwise the dog might not get fed too often. Wonder if he'd ever tell me? Well, no. I'd probably remember eventually, but he'd have irradic mealtimes which isn't the worst thing in the world. Dogs and cats, and horses, get into schedules. They know what time of day it is when the same things happen at those times of day. They know what time you ususally wake up and many will wake you up if you over sleep that mark. Might be connected to moon cycles, or tides, or full mooons. It's another mystery. Agatha Christie's always been a favorite. Really. Since I was about 10.
Yes, it is true. I never read Ulysses and I did try. Sorta. I got through 4 or 5 lines on the first page. Joyce might have been on a seperate cycle when he wrote it. Or something.

Fox Friends were talking about how it's not fair that the left nailed Bush for spending 43 million on his inauguration and haven't said a thing about Obama's spending over 100 million for his.

Life is never fair. It's not about fair. People can try to be fair, but aren't always. Nobody is. It's a goal, not a guarentee or a right. Beliefs and preferences aren't fair at all and those are rights, although not guarenteed (always within certain limitations).

The left nailed Bush for everything and the right will do the same for Obama. That seems fair, as fair as anything ever is. Both sides are mostly unfair about the other. They want to win, get their way, see their beliefs and opinions lived out by others. They usually call that politics. Finding points to
pick to infuence others.

Life is what it is. Interpreted. Lots of times too quickly without enough information.

The Bernie guy I forgot his last name was on O'Reilly tonight and said something about the left not liking stupid people, criticizing the left as usual. I didn't catch all of it, but does that mean the the right likes stupid people? Like their followers and voters? I'm not at all sure what he meant, but feel personally attacked. Like I always do from the right. And I'm not that far left. I've even got some right in me. Somewhere.

So why am I still on line and not disconnected? See? Everything's a mystery to me.

No comments: