Sunday, January 18, 2009

hmm

Already it looks the Democrats are gonna screw up the bail money. People are asking for dumb funding. Newt was just on and he's right. Money for hotels and crime museums goes nowhere.

They should fund infrastructure projects which provides construction jobs and better living for everybody. Maybe no more bridges will fall down and roads will be safer and stuff.

And, I hate to say it, but they should really consider nuclear power plants. That addresses 3 things. Construction jobs, long-term plant jobs, and energy assistance. They might be able to build them in the more economically distressed areas, too, which would releave a lot of poverty problems, maybe. Then there's wind farms and other energy things. People are already going back to big cars since the oil prices have dropped. They could come up with something for that maybe. People don't like being legislated against. Everybody wants all this choice, but don't often want the responsibility. Maybe funding better car type plants, outside of Michigan, is another approach. If the unions are draining the auto industry there, I don't know why they just don't move out of state.

I never understand these things.

Newt's a history teacher. They're good to know. They know stuff and explain stuff when I get confused. Like the Monroe doctrine. I know I don't want to study about it anymore, but I don't exactly remember what it is. I've watched a lot of C-SPAN history programs the last few years and learned, or re-learned a lot of stuff. Historians have been through all the research that would stump me when I look for answers and can explain things in revealing ways that I can't put together for myself.

I didn't hook on to history in school, only later developing more of an interest. It's a lot of names and dates and I've got a bad memory, worse now, and a lot of politics that I've never understood at all. I didn't hook on to anything in school until high school English. Then I got interested in British history through fiction. Sometimes it's important or helpful to know this stuff. It's about perspective. Continuity, how things fit together. And, it can be very interesting I discovered.

No comments: