Monday, January 19, 2009

so

I looked more on The Rivals. It's 18th century, not 17th if that's what I said before. I either got the date wrong (the most likely choice) or the first site I saw had it wrong (another likely choice).

The net is nortorious for wrong information. Wonder if it makes as many mistakes as I do?

It turns out, quite interestingly, that The Rivals was George Washington's favorite play. It was a big hit here and in Europe.

Sheradon, it turns out, was quite the dilatante, born about 1750. It's probably 1750 something, I don't remember what.

My cat is from the pound. All the other cats I've had were strays I picked up off the street, one was living under my mother's house. After I started putting food out, it turned out she wasn't ferel so I had a new cat.

The family dog was one my brother brought home as a kid. Buddy, Homer and Lucy were all strays I ended up with. I don't like cats that much.

The kid across the street had an excess number of pet rats. I got one. Rhonda Rat. They're very nice pets. If you feel several of them uncooked spaghetti pieces, it sounds like lots of tiny typewritters. Oh. Maybe people don't know what that sounds like anymore.

No comments: