Monday, June 2, 2008

Deviled Ham tip

Mom always kept it in the fridge. The oil would solidify and is easily scraped off.

This is a favorite of mine. Think it came in a booklet with the paper. It says to split the english muffins, then quareter the halves. I use it as a meal, so don't quarter, and yes. I butter the muffins. For a snack tray. You know I can't spell that other word.

Unpizzas

2 lbs browned, seasoned hamburger
2 cups mild cheddar, grated (I most likey use sharp)
8 scallions, chopped
1 4oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 12 oz can sliced olives, drained
4 tsps chili powder
2 cups mayo
2 pkgs English muffins
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

mix it all together. spread on muffins and cook at 400 for 10 minutes or so till it pleases you.

I read somewhere, think it was Pioneer Woman, that a spread for bread she makes is really good cold on crackers. I found the same with this - best on a Ritz.

It even freezes ok but needs more mayonnaise when thawed.

I'm done with recipes for today. Probably. Depends on what I think of.

No comments: