Saturday, June 21, 2008

What to watch

Is always the question here. Caught some of the Olympic Trials for women's gymnastics now I'm done. Put on a Dixie Chicks DVD and that's the thing for me.

Although I didn't much like their last DVD, seemed lacking in their usual kick from the instep and big band variety sounds, I'll see if they've anything new and what the sound is. I really like them.

Played through most of my DVDs and CDs recently and now I'm glad I've ordered something new. A Maureen McGovern, Ricky Nelson with Garden Party, 2 Christmas albums by Alan Jackson, and one or two others I don't recall off hand. Mostly bought to make up the free shipping charge cause I wanted the McGovern and a strip plug. See how I am? Spend money to save. Works for me.

And today! I got almost everything (find I need a purse for evening. Had one that's mysteriously disappeared) today at Macy's for about $200. Even shoes. For reals.
I know, I know!!! And they have the best personal shoppers. I've never used them before although I've shoped at Macy's since they've been in town. There were several there and they all helped with how things looked and fitted and stuff.

Got one skirt, the prettiest thing, white with black embrodery around the botton. Big spillage risk, I know.
Black pants for traveling, a black blouse for the skirt, 2 knit tops, comfy not gorgeous, a lovely blue blouse for the slacks and I could wear it with the skirt if so color inclined. The the shoes, $30. I'm not kiding, not. Not exactly what I had in mind but think they'll work fine for both travel, walking and evening.

Then some black under things. Excellent day.

Now all I've got to get is a black evening bag of some plain sort of design. I looked at some on-line and they were extremely ugly and some stupidly expensive. And that's not the top of the bag line - not even close. I think $20 is plenty. hahahaha....I'd go $50 if I had to.

And I got a handy-dandy credit card that I could use today and got 15% off everything I got for that and some discount with the personal shopper. Use them, I kid you not, they're glorious. Especially for someone like me who hasn't shoped for clothes for 20 years maybe. Again, not kiding. AND the shopper gave me some hangers which is a real blessing for the skirt and pants.

Once she got a handle on what I like and was looking for, she was unerring. Yes, I don't like that tan but do like this one. Huh? I think that may be women. We're supposed to be that way. And I hate plaid. Almost totally. Not that she showed me some, cause she didn't surely. I just thought to mention it, that's all.

Next trip: The Purse

No comments: