Tuesday, June 24, 2008

recipe daze

I made a cake. This morning. It's good. Think I might have under baked it. The center sank. As long as it tastes good, I don't care what it looks like. At all.

Ginger Bread Pudding Cake

Mix together and set aside:

2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp nutmeg


Next, cream:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar

mix in:
1 egg

alternately add by thirds to the creamed mixture:

flour mixture, then

1 cup molassas
1 cup water (cold)

all 1/3 at a time

Spray or otherwise prepare a 9 x 13 pan, pour in batter and add topping that's really pudding:

Sprinkle 3/4 packed brown sugar evenly over the top.

Mix 1 1/2 cups boiling water with 3/4 melted butter and carefully pour over the top.

Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes.

I like it and that's the important part to me.

No comments: