Monday, June 16, 2008

the very best

Origional Blue Cheese Dressing

- from Sara Moulton's Cooking Live show. She claims it's a year's supply. I find it lasts one week for one - me. Good for dipping also. What the heck would I otherwise do with it all????----

1/2 tsp minced garlic, I Know!
1/2 tsp dry mustard - I've used ballpark to no bad avail.
3/4 tsp pepper, white if you want. I find black just right
1/8 tsp white pepper. don't use at all
1/4 cup RED wine vinegar, I Know!
1 tsp Lea & Perins (Worschestershire)
1/4 tsp hot sauce
1 cup sour cream
3 cups mayo, I use the whole jar and generic works well
1/2 cup buttermilk, I tried sour milk,(1 tbls vinegar to 1 cup milk)
and really kinda thind it's not quite right
1/2 lb blue cheese, whatever kind

mix and refridgerate over night for best effect.

Need I say Yum!?

Louis Dressing

Really. Quite delicious and perfect for frozen shrimp for ShrimpLouis. Look it up.

so, Louis Dressing

1 cup mayo
1/4 cup heavy cream, whipped (really!)
1/4 chili sauce
1/4 cup finely chopped green Bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped green onion
salt and lemon juice to taste

mix everything but whipped cream. Fold in last. The sweetened varieties won't work. The sugar, I think.

Let sit awhile. The longer the better.

No comments: