Wednesday, June 18, 2008

recipe or guideline

You decide.

Beef (or pork or lamb or even chicken) and Noodles

meat as needed, cubed
water and beef/chicken broth
flour and seasonings. As prefered.

Season meat, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, paprika, etc to taste, usually lots.

lightly coat with flour. From Food Network: season meat instead of coating to use less seasonings.

For chicken which I probably wouldn't use, I learned from America's Test Kitchen to lightly coat the pieces with corn starch to ensure tender and juicy nuggets. The did that for a stir fry after marinating the chicken.

Brown meat in oil, add about 1 can,
Swanson's size, broth and water to cover comfortably - maybe 2 inches over the top of meat. Cook till done. I use stew meat and cook 2-3 hours. My mother used veal and cooked maybe 20 minutes. I don't like veal. Don't like how they're raised, either.

When done, add 2, maybe 3 handfuls of noodles and cook till done. Too many and there's won't be any gravy left, might need more liquid before noodles, it thickens a lot. With chicken, I'd add some frozen peas.

Recipe or guideline? Doesn't matter, I think. Tastes good.

Been under the weather lately. But better now and will improve daily. Been here, done this many times.

No comments: