Monday, June 23, 2008

Recipe

This is one that interests me. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a side dish or main course or even a dessert, but I put it on baked potatoes. Yes. With butter and sometimes (usually) sour cream.

Green Beans with Beef

1/2 lb ground, or scraped, meat
1 1/2 tsps ground ginger (this makes the dish)
2 tbls minced garlic (bet a press would work) I hope this isn't really tsps...use your preference

2 tsps onion powder
1 tsp pepper
3 tbls soy sauce
2 tbls honey or brown sugar
1 lb fresh green beans, cleaned and cut to choice (ya, I use about 2 cans)
2 tbls flour
3 tbls water

Brown beef, ginger, garlic, onion powder and pepper.

Mix soy sauce and honey and add to beef. Add beans and either cover to cook beans 10 minutes or heat through canned beans.

Bring mixture to a simmer. Mix flour and water together, stir into beef and cook long enough to thicken.

Do the usual fat removal from the beef if there is any.

No comments: