Monday, June 23, 2008

more stuff

I went over the the Catholic Church I'm not supposed to go to and a lady in the parking lot told me to try in the day time. I needed gas, really, so that's why I went. I'll call or go to mass on Sunday. Saturday night? Don't know what goes on. But will find out if there's Saint worshiping. Never noticed it when I've been to mass before. All 3 times.

New recipes. Easy ones.

Lemonaid

This is interesting to me because, 1. I need a recipe for everything, and 2. it's how the sugar is disolved. It'll work for any sweetened drink and won't fall out of solution.

1 1/4 cups sugar disolved in some of the water, boiling

1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
5 cups water

Bring some of the water, 2 cups? maybe, and stir in the sugar till disolved. Cool and add the rest of the ingredients.

Everybody I asked about this sugar method had never heard of it. Interesting. It's from a Southern cookbook.

Osyter Crackers

I got this from a friend's sister. I think it's from the Hidden Valley Ranch Co., but not sure at all. I just know that I like it.

1 box/bag osyter crackers (don't have a weight for this, the regular size?)

Small Hidden Valley Ranch package of the orrigional recipe

2 tbls dry dill weed

1/2 cup light oil.

I mix the dry together, add the oil and mix. Then add the crackers and mix a lot in the bowl I'll keep it in.

The directions say to add the seasonings to the crackers. Whatever.

Keep it on the counter 4 to 5 hours, mixing occasionally, then keep refridgerated. Really good. High Sodium and stuff.

No comments: