Saturday, October 18, 2008

I didn't google it

I looked it up. Yes. That's right. I have a book.

The American Spectrum Encyclopedia, The New Illustrated Home Reference Guide, 1991

Very handy for names, dates and spellings. It often provides leads to other people and topics of interest.

Henry II, married Eleanor, had kids. But, he also founded, according to this book, the Plantagent line, which is a story of much further interest, War of the Roses, I think, although I'd have to look it up.

But also the king of Becket politics.

Murder in the Cathedral. Wonder who wrote it.

There's Mary Steamburgen. Southern. She and her husband, Ted Danson did a Gulllier's tv miniseries. Watch it. See? We're back to Kelsey Grammar and connections (another tv show I liked a lot) Why? Murder in the Cathedral and she and Craig Ferguson are doing a Murder she Wrote spoof. Loved that show, love Angela Lansburry. Connecting dots goes on and on. It's fun.

So who wrote it? I saw it once. It was staged in a church and I was the only one who laughed. That's so weird. The cast looked at me, expectantly, I think. I laughed at the funny part and nobody else did. That happened at another play. Something about Tuna, Texas. That had to do with 'dead dog'. That connects to Jennifer Crusie's Getting Rid of Bradley. I know, you have to be there. But nobody laughed but me and that's just the weirdest thing. That's a very funny play.

Now I have to go google Murder in the Cathedral. And I think the Plantegants lost out to the Tudors, Richard the II or III, Shakespear's hunchback lost at Bosworth. Maybe. Look it up.

No comments: