Thursday, October 16, 2008

so why

do I watch Fox News?

I like them.

I like Fox and Friends
I like O'Reilly
I like Cavuto
I like Shepard Smith and Jane Skinner.

I like other people there who's name I can't remember.

I don't like Hannity so I don't watch him.

I like Greta, but her shows are so often too grim for me to watch all the time. I've watched the last couple of days, but she's been doing politics. There's nothing wrong with her crime stories, I just can't take it.

I do, also and maybe unfortunately, like to argue when I think something's wrong. Doesn't mean I think something's wrong with them.

Hannity goes too far and uses uglyness and I really can't watch him much.

I like Huckabee, too, and he's wrong about religion as well as politics.

But people are well within their rights to believe left or right. It's important to understand what people think and why.

Mostly people want the best, just disagree what it is and what to do about it. Seems to me that some combination of the two is usually the best way. Restricted aborition, for example. It's incredibly wrong to do late term abortions and I really don't see the need except for life of the mother, not health, but her life. I don't know the medical circumstances, but it seems to me that early birth might work an awful lot of the time. There's no reason to kill the babies like that. At least as far as I know. There may be medical conditions that would kill the mother if a C-section was done. Why do I doubt that that's a big problem?

The anti-abortion view is a religious belief. The fundamentalists and born agains are ideologes. Pure ideology is a bad idea as I've already established. See? always right, that's me.

Tony Curtis is on. I grew up with his movis and always loved him. Love Janet Leigh and his daughter a lot. Think he made a movie about a con type guy who told people he was in different professions, like a doctor, when he'd never studied any of them and was pretty successful. Wonder what the name of that movie is. Never hear it talked about but I saw it more than once and really liked it.

And Jamie Lee is a lady married to a peer, too. She's fabulous.

So what I've been wondering is if peer refers to only inherited titles, or to the yearly honors titles. Sean Connery has the 'Sir', but it's not an inheritable title. Is he a peer? Dame Judi Dench, honors title, not inheritable by her children. Life time only.

Jamie Lee Curtis' husband inherited his title. Winston Churchill was knighted. His grandfather was the Duke of Marburo*sp* (I think), but Winston's father was the younger son and only had a courtesy title of either Sir or Lord. Winston had no title by birth. It's very confusing and we're not familiar at all with the title rules.

So. Does the Queen give out any more inheritable titles? When a family line dies out, the titles go back to the crown to be dispensed at the monarch's pleasure. There's always so much stuff I don't know. Does or has this Queen given out those titles?

There's royal dukes and non royal dukes. Winston's family has the non royal duke title. The queen's son is a royal duke, The Duke of York. I've heard that it's been a real long time since the Crown has given out any non-royal duke titles. Princess Di's family is part of the Aristocracy, not royality. She was part of the peerage and had a courtasy title, Lady Di, not inheritable. The aristocracy has seats in Parliment in the House of Lords, the royality doesn't. Royality is banned by law from political involvement including voting. The Queen can't vote and I don't know how far down the line that goes. Maybe to all heirs, maybe not.

A grandson was recently married and his wife had to convert to the Church of England or he'd be droped from the line to inherit the throne. They have a lot of rules.

No comments: