Tuesday, October 21, 2008

oh, ya

The important part of the day? I got a real long nap. Guess I didn't need to wake up this morning but go back to sleep.

And I didn't go to the store for fun food. I went to McDonalds. Why? Because, that's why.

The McDonald's by my house is closed. It's so closed that it's boarded up. This is an alarming sight. What does it mean for the neighborhood if a McDonald's isn't making it? The other one close by is still open.

Warren's making me smile again tonight to see his dance. He's a treat to watch.

And I did google Western Swing. Developed from Black jazz dancing in the l920s. Spread across the country and there are several variations, a Tulsa dance, country swing, etc. The Western was named by someone in California. Who's the dance studio guy? Arthur Murry? Anyway, he had people from his studios check local dancing and the person in California named the west coast type Western in the l940s, I think it was.

And of course the jitterbug was before Elvis. I knew the music bugged me. It was just wrong. Nice song, just wrong for the dance. I do have my ways. Change it.

No comments: