Friday, May 30, 2008

Hell Day and Rush is Stupid

Rush was on the radio as I drove to the doctor. Talking. I don't ususally listen to him, but my tape player broke.

He said that feminism has made wooses out of men. Compared to our caveman heros, who hunted and gathered, lived when men were men.

Uh, I think women are thought to have been the gatherers. So as both parents were bringing home the bacon, what else could cave dwellers have been doing?

Spending time with offspring? Teaching kids living skills? Men teaching boys to hunt, to fight for defense, track the stars for direction?

Rush blames feminism for taking men away from weekend golf. What does the weenend golfing contribute to the family? How does a boy learn maniliness without a man around? Or what does he learn about manhood for absent fathers?

Did cave people play games, make jokes, create sport activities, laugh with their families and associates? I'm not familiar with cave life and don't know, but all those things are possible. But the requirement for them is the application of time and involvement.

Check out The Pioneeer Woman. They live on a cattle rance. Mom, Dad and 4 kids work cattle together. Dad teaches them to ride, work cows, mend fence, feed and care for horses and cattle, and whatever goes into ranching. Mom? Homescools, cooks, cleans, reads, writes, does a lot of camera and computer work she can pass on.

They both laugh and play with their kids. They bother to spend the time.

Rush has been particularly unsuccessful in his personal life. Maybe he should get a clue. Maybe he can find one in a cave.

Stupid, stupid man.

As a result of his monalogue, my trip to the doctor ended up in the parking garage at the scan place. That's the second time I've parked for too few minutes to charge a parking fee. The guy must think I'm up to no good. I'll telling him I'm doing a survey on parking garages. What about I don't know.

But that's not all. I have the wrong barf drug. The doctor wants me to have a different one. He wrote the perscription for the one I have yesterday. The good news is that I can use it for a back-up if the other doesn't work well.

The bad news? I have to go somewhere AGAIN.

The good news? I may not need a lot of groceries. And that really is good.

I'm thinking about changing stores anyway. The better market has actual food choices and better quality meat and veg. It may be more expensive, don't know, but it's a better store. Their shelf-stocking makes sense.

No comments: