Friday, July 18, 2008

blackberries

Not boisenberrys. They were moldy. Strange experience, finding moldy food in new purchases. But the yogurt cream is terrific on the blueberrys. Is it 'ies' or 'ys'? Beats me. Defeated by spelling once again, but it's a great recipe and totally easy.

1 1/2 cups each, plain yogurt and whipping cream. Mix together.
sprinkle 1/2 to 3/4 cups brown sugar over top and don't mix. Let sit overnight or several hours and can mix or not the next day. Some of the liquid had seperated out so I mixed up some but not totally. Very tasty so thanks to PW for the recipe.

I don't like blackberries anyway. The seeds. They really make the chewing experience painful and difficult. Hard to get the sweetness around all the impossible to crunch seeds for me and they most often stick between my teeth and get very uncomfortable. Blueberrys don't have seeds.

The chicken recipe is Vietnamese, or called that anyway. It's really good, but not enough sauce to use for rice. I'd have to double or tripple it and it's a thin broth, not really a sauce or gravy. I just dribbled it over the chicken and skipped the rice. That's good enough for me.

Next up: Chicken Mole, I think. Or maybe the Putanesca. Or both. They'll both freeze and I'll have to in order to eat them before they spoil and I get sick to death of them. Maybe I'll hate one or both anyway and have to toss it. Won't know till I try.

More Indiana Jones this morning, but it's not grabbing me like Legos Star Wars did. Think it's me, though. Just not that interested in games anymore. Never did really like them that much. Just something to do. But it's a good game and I love the cheat codes. I'm invulnerable which makes it so much more fun for me cause I hate the fighting. But it is an excellent game. I just don't like having to check the walkthrough for every little area. I try to read ahead and then forget it if I even caught the answers in the first place. Which I often don't.

I hate politics.

And then there's Sheri on The View. Back to the 'N' word. She, and others, I know, like to claim exclusive rights to use it. It's such an uggly, hatefilled word and they use it on each other in similar hateful ways that whites have always done. I don't know why she, or anyone, wants to perpetuate it's common use.

And she can't control what happens with it either. I can use it all I want. Stop me. If I want to call white people 'nigger', what can she or anyone do about it? If I want to call black people that, they can't stop me. It's always in my mind as a word with all the recent language discussions. People hear it from black people and they'll start thinking and using it if they want to, too.

How we learn language is copping sounds we hear and read. Why she or anybody thinks this is a good word to use anytime is beyond me. She used to call her husband 'nigger'. How is this good? What's nice in the usage. She did it when she was annoyed which makes it as pejorative as any usage of it is. There's nothing good in the word.

Women shouldn't use bitch or cunt or whore either just to take them back and get the sting out. Doesn't work. Bitches are female dogs and so has a legitimate use. When speaking of female dogs only. Calling a prostitute a whore is derogatory more than prostitute is. They really serve no positive purpose when used towards women, by women or by men.

So I'm gonna go cook and maybe sew. Fuck 'em all.

No comments: