Thursday, July 17, 2008

Comfort

She's so good at the Hip Hop that's it's sad that she just doesn't have the chops for all the styles. It's always about foundations and fundamentals. Dancers need to study all the styles, ballet, ballroom, gymnastics, yoga even, etc. Just to get the scales down. I got that from music. Dad always practiced classical pieces on guitar for the exercises it and he played standards at work. But he could teach flute and mandoline and banjo. I always practiced scales and arpegios and worked and worked on bits and pieces to facilitate especially on piano which I loved and had to on flute which I hated.

Now comes the hateful part.

And I was so busy posting that I didn't see the second boy dance. Or was he the first boy? I have no idea I was so busy with myself.

No comments: