Friday, July 18, 2008

Now I'm stuffed

Too much cooking and tasting. Wish I'd never seen food. Even a nap didn't take away the full. But it sure is all mighty tasty.

I saw Ugly Betty last night. Really like that show and wish I'd been watching it all along. Her family is terrific. Sister, Dad and nephew? I think the kid is. Only seen it twice. Great cast. Lots of fun, great dialogue, good characters. Fun stuff. Adds some nice balance to an otherwise overloaded cop schedule of tv shows.

Saw part of Monk's season opener. He really pisses me off with his constant interfearance in other's disorganization. I want to slap him so I don't watch the show much anymore. Good show, though. Sorry I can't deal with it most of the time. I really like everybody on it except the Monk character I really do want to slap.

Watching Psych. Another good show. Fun and a cop show at the same time. Interesting and fun and good acting and good dialogue. Characters I can like, even the dip shits. Please, don't take that personally. I didn't name anyone, but thinking about Lassiter, I guess that's his name. The Dad character...I used to see his mom all the time on a soap. Powerful, not so nice character. Great, really liked her on the show. What'd used to be in? Do't remember. Oh, ya, Corbin Bernson. Still don't remember his first shows. TV? Movies? Some of both, probably. Don't recognize the other characters. Network could draw some cable lessons about variety and uniqueness of shows and then give them more than 10 minutes to catch on. But bottom line is the executive siren song. Siren's really screw things up. Are they mostly men? Probably. Money is sex cause money is power and sex is power and penis' are power and sex and money. Huh? People are all twisted and interesting.

Cybil Shepard's on as the Mom. I've always liked her a lot. Not her first movie which I never saw, but later stuff. Especially her sit com. Smart and funny. Christine Beransky? Really like her a lot, but she does a lot of theater and I never see theater. I'd go to one of her shows in a minute. Also never go to NY. Be pretty hard to catch her shows. Really want to see the ABBA show which she's in, but don't know how much screen time she gets. But I probably won't go even though I could wear one of my skirts.

Wonder what time Mass is tomorrow. Wonder if it's in English. There's a couple at least Spanish Masses. I really wouldn't understand those. I get lost at Mass on a good day. Think there are daily morning masses. I lost my schedule and forgot to call. Always have to do things when I think of them or I just don't remember till I can't. Like, I can't call now. Who's gonna be in the office?

Now that I had a nap, I'll be up all night. Again. And sleep in all morning. Again. The cat finally had waited long enough for breakfast and woke me up walking back and forth across my chest. She usually leaves me alone till I get up, but 8:30 is pushing things too far for her, I find. They usually eat at 6 and if I'm up, she starts wanting food by 5. Wonder if it's the amount of time I'm up instead of the time of day that triggers her breakfast demands. Dinner's usually around 6 pm, but it's not unusual for her to want to eat at 5. Wonder if those days I've fed her at 5 a.m. I really should keep a chart of these things so I could write a thesis. Whatever.

The dog never asks for meals.

Don't think he feels good. He didn't eat dinner last night, but ate both meals today. Also didn't follow me outside yesterday like he usually is excited to do. I'm worried about him. Sure don't want to loose him even though all life ends and I know it'll happen some day. Please. Just not today.

Just got my car keys out to go in the garage and he rushed after me like usual even though he though it was a weird time of day so I guess all's not desperate. But he doesn't seem quite right. Just keep paying attention is all I can do right now.

Think both the cat and dog are around 10 years old. Cat seems fine. Still need to get her shots. Another thing to do next month.

And I didn't even sew today. Started wanting a nap so thought better of trying to get involved in it. Plus I put everything away and didn't want to get it all out again. Best to know my own limits. All I need to do is get the waistband and elastic in that one pair, maybe cut out one or two more, make the new skirt and I'm out of fabric. Time to shop. hahahaha...got enough calls on next month's income. Don't need to add fabric, although with a new and improved machine, it sure seems like a waste to not use it. If the skirt fits, I'd want to make another one or two of them. Pick some plane fabric maybe, either get a slip or make one cause the green really needs one, I believe. Hope it's a good pattern for me. Just can't tell which size to make and the pattern doesn't say which measurements make which size. Really stupid system. Couldn't find the information on the Simplicity site either. Seems obvious that the body measurements indicate which size for patterns that make several sizes which this one does. Maybe it says in the book, don't remember and I'm damned if I'm gonna go back to Walmart to look it up.

Wonder if I can prattle on some more.

No comments: