Monday, July 14, 2008

sew a fine seam.

I don't. But done the skirt hem is. All I did was the double roll up and hand whip stitch. The way jeans are done and the first part of a regular dress hem. I'm just not doing the fold up and hem again part. It may not be exactly even. I swear I can't tell, and who's gonna mention it?

I am not gonna try to finish the waistband by hand. That would be ridiculous. And stupid.

Think I'm over the Mormons. I just don't get any spiritual sense there. They do, and that's fine with me. I'll always doubt the scriptural status of the Book of Mormon and just don't want to give up coffee and cigarettes.

I also can't get myself to sleep regularly enough to stay there for service. I left after the first hour Sunday since I'd been up since 1:30 a.m. and it's murder trying to stay awake and listen at the same time. I simply cannot do both.

Spent my wad for groceries this morning. Got $20 for gas and that's it for the month. All bills late, all shopping and sewing machine repair on hold. Good thing I like bread.

Dog and cat got grub.

Now I have nothing to do again. Don't want the Catholic Church either. Will try Calvery again. I really like the preaching there. Mormons don't have preaching. Members give testomony on various topics. I just don't find it compelling or even interesting. I've too many problems with their theology anyway. It'd never be a good fit for me.

I need to have someplace to wear my skirts. Has it really been 20 years since I've worn one? Might be.

I can always use the other skirt fabric for more shorts cause, you know, I really need more. 30 pairs just aren't enough for anybody.

I should hold out for the skirt. I'm curious to see how the pattern fits. The one I finished is the skirt that goes with the shorts pattern and makes me look dumpy a bit. I am dumpy. A lot. The skirt I bought is more slimming and the new pattern has extra pannels with a little flounce skirt at the bottom that might give a different look.

Or I could loose weight. And quit coffee and cigarettes and clam dip.

hahahahahahahahahaha

No comments: