Wednesday, July 2, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance

Is on. Better than the auditions. Lots better. They're in the top 14 dancers, partner routines, different styles. Got to see some jive. The best dance ever.

The judges see things I just don't. I'm happy enough with the 2 and 1/2 dances I've seen, but the judges have serious objections. It's why they can judge and I can't. Not so thrilled with the 3rd dance. And the judges say:

Don't like it either.

Don't know if I'll make the whole 2 hours, but am waking up. Dancing is most stimulating. Really like the judges and the host, forgot her name. That helps a lot. Wish the other rotating judge was here tonight. Missed the beginning so don't know who the pair are filling in the rotating seat are. A team?

It used to make me kinda laugh and shake my head when I'd see comments from fans that the judges on Dancing with the Stars should try the dances before judging the stars so harsly. Duh...they're all professional dancers and can already do much, much better. Maybe better than the pros used as partners.

Same with So...Dance. They're all dancers/chroeogrphers. They already know and can do better than the dancers there. I can disagree with how much I enjoyed one dance or the other, but I can't say anything about the technical faults or successes. I can hate waltzes all I wantand they can't really say anything about it other than they think I have bad taste or something. I don't like the extremly fake poses and posture of it.

Judge Mary said something that I can relate to. Some dancers just don't express the passion, the feelings of whatever dance they do. They don't ACT out the part. It's all about convincing characters once people have the steps and moves.

No comments: